10.5.10

Right in My Own Backyard - My Figurative Backyard

seed starter kit
Seed Starter Kit
We still haven't really had any planting weather yet. It snowed yesterday, and there's a definite wintry feel to the air. In fact, there is a frost warning in effect for tonight. The temperature is expected to dip down to -2 tonight. So, I bought something to at least get some seeds started. The tomatoes and peppers seem to take quite a while to get going, so I bought this economy seed starter at Canadian Tire for 3 bucks, and I'll get them going in the house.


Water St Approaching Brookdale Av
A little bit off topic but still in my own backyard.  My backyard in relation to where I am in the world that is; not my literal backyard.  A fire broke out in the CIL shed right under the International Bridge.  As far as I know, no one was hurt; thankfully.   I was actually just leaving my Mum's house across town when I saw the smoke.  It was so close and so thick, at first I thought the fire was just a couple of blocks from her.

CIL rooftop on fire
Rooftop Ablaze
Initially, I thought the fire would be put out before it burned to the ground because when I passed by the first time it looked like just the roof was on fire, and the fire trucks were already there.





When I came around a little while later, I was surprised to see how much of it had gone up already.  I guess this shed was used to store everything from old cars to road salt;  there's nothing left of it now.







rubble after cil shed burns at seaway international bridgerubble after cil shed burns at seaway international bridge


rubble after cil shed burns at seaway international bridgerubble after cil shed burns at seaway international bridge






No comments:

Post a Comment